Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cdp Change?

I guess I should have asked the question this way: is there any advantage to .40 over .45 when the powerfactor is 165000 and magazine capacity is restricted to 8+1? And, maybe put it in another section. My question has been answered anyway, thank you.

I'll summerize all I can think of (reasons to go .40 over .45)

cost (both factory and reloads)

accuracy (don't know if it is, just a possible reason)

propensity to shoot it (just like the cartridge, already have a gun in that caliber, want to shoot what you carry, etc)

May like the recoil/shootability of the 40?

Of all the above, I'd guess the first is the only real reason.

The concern expressed was that cartridges smaller than 10mm give an advantage because a guy can get more rounds in a magazine. Obviously, that's not a problem with the .357SIG, but most who replied to my post didn't like the idea.

I suspect that the .40 cal bullet cutoff was for ease of administration (easier than saying the case needed to be at least as large as a .40S&W) or because they didn't think of the necked cartridges. Regardless, the idea gets no support because the 357sig just doesn't have a large following. Would have to fall into the "most expensive to shoot" category. So, those in love with the cartridge, or those who carry it, or??? would be the only practicioneers?

It all boils down to selling and keeping certain cartridges and platforms competitive. It's just too bad that the really great cartridges like the .45 ACP and 10mm (which incidentally are even more useful in REVOLVERS) are falling by the wayside and need their own special divisions to be competitive.

Dave Sinko

Great cartridges? How? Ohhhh, yea, in the real world where an encouter may not take 18 rounds to survive :) There's diminishing returns on the higher capacity guns, but it's a lot more pronounced in the game .....