Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Round Count, Round Count, Round Count

Bigbadaboom

It was a simple, all paper, close up, fast stage with a few no shoots and some small poppers thrown in for contrast. I did stage prep four times counting rounds each time I walked through it. 21 rounds, I have 2 mags for my limited gun that will hold 20 rounds +1 barney and I can shoot the whole stage without a reload if I do it just right. I get up to the line and the buzzer goes "beep" and I go "bang" 21 times nice and smooth with perfect flow, no Cranial Flatulence, just like I preped it all the way through to the last target were I got one "BANG" and one "click". Well, the stage was 22 rounds and my time went from 13.? to 16.?. Just goes to show that brain cramps can start before the buzzer just as easy as after.

Brings to mind Pat Harrison's reply to a similar question elsewhere on the board.  To paraphrase him:  Running the gun dry may win you the stage, but planning a reload (even if it's only to provide a cushion) may win you the match.  I have planned stages without a reload many times without getting bitten ----- but I'm changing my approach to keep it that way.