Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer Feed Xl650

I just replaced my ring indexer on my Dillon press and when I was checking out the operation, I found that when I tried to check the primer seater hits the primer disc. It is just not advancing far enough, if I barely move the primer indexing arm just a little bit, the primer seater works fine. If I cycle the loader to index the next round the same thing happens. When I tool the primer system apart at first, (I thought I might as well check out everything) I found a primer sideways in the rotary primer disc. Anyone know what I need to do to get the primers to index properly? I suppose I will call Dillon tomorrow and see what they have to say also.

Thanks, Mark

Edited by penman53

Mark,

I had the same problem and put a shim under the plastic piece that advances the primers. this was about 5 years ago. This year I sent the whole press to get it rebuilt and it works better and doesn't need the shim. Prior to the rebuilding I always had some problems with the primer station. I had changed all the parts and it still was never right. Since Dillon worked on it, it is a pleasure to use.