Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost Saving Choices For Dillon 650 Setup?

If you get the Frankford Vibra-Prime (do it), you can save the $18 you are planning to spend for the package of large primer pick up tubes - not needed. I got the Vibra-Prime when I first started loading and have never used a primer pick up tube.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The casefeed is in no way a pain it the butt to change to rifle. Lift out the pistol plate, drop in the rifle plate and off you go. Man you HAVE to get the casefeed for the 650. Load without it a few times and you feel like you went back to the stoneage. Stick with the case lube. People say you don't need it, and no you don't have to have it, but use it once and it will run so smooth you will swear you shot some KY in there. I don't like shooting Clays powder, different strokes I guess. I know 231 is the old fashioned stuff, but in 45 it has never let me down and always shot accurately for me. Save on the digital calipers. Sometimes we can out gadget ourselves right out of a project. I prefer my dillon dies for my 650, they are specifically designed at the mouth for progressive reloaders. If a piece of brass or bullet isn't perfectly alligned it will slide it into position. Buy the case guage! They aren't that expensive and you don't have to take your gun apart to test ammo. This is one LESS thing you have to do the night before a match. You know, you are packing for a big match, and it's raining and your wife calls you to change a flat tire, and the dog gets out and decides to explore the next neighborhood. That stuff never happens if you are just sitting there watching TV! You don't need to be messing around tearing your gun down to check bullets, And finally, GET THE CASEFEED (again)