Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Legal Grip Tape

R. Batt

A few months ago there was a discussion about the legality of having grip tape on the underside of a prodcution gun's trigger guard. Someone was going to get an official ruling on where a production gun can have grip tape, but I haven't seen anything yet. Did anyone ever find anything out? If not, I'll send an e-mail to John Amidon and will post again when I find out.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. What a popular post. Just in case someone out there is interested, I e-mailed John and his answer is that grip tape is legal on the grip of a production gun but nowhere else. The grip would be the sides of the grip and the frontstrap and backstrap. Under or in front of the trigger guard isn't legal as it would be an external modification and fall under item 21.5 of the production rules.

I don't know about grip tape, but I do know when congratulations are in order.

I know you will never yourself on the back, so I will attempt to do it for you .

Congratulations to R. Batt, the newest Production Grand Master. It would be interesting to find out if anyone else became a Grand Master in his first 6 months of USPSA shooting.

Well done indeed.

Edited by Dave C

I strongly suggest TruGrip sold here in the vendors section. Although it is now illegal for IPSC Production, it is perfectly fine for USPSA Production. I really doubt that you will find a better product than TruGrip.

I don't know about grip tape, but I do know when congratulations are in order.

I know you will never yourself on the back, so I will attempt to do it for you .

Congratulations to the new Grand Master. It would be interesting to find out if anyone else became a Grand Master in his first 6 months of USPSA shooting.

Well done indeed.

Last I heard Vince said Tru-Grip was still good to go. And would be even with the new rule. He just poorly drew the diagram.