Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith And Wesson M&p9 Accuracy Problems

BillGarlandJr

Here is a follow up to my post from yesterday on the accuracy problems my buddy was having with his after 75 rounds..............

We went to the range together today and popped off a quick 75 rounds. I then proceeded to print a 1.5" group at about 15 yards with the pistol. I gave it back to him for him to shoot. I noted right away he was having issues with his trigger control.

I corrected that slight problem and bingo, he was printing much smaller groups than he had previously. He shot almost 200 rounds and had a large smile on his face after that range session.

Problem solved....

Took mine out and printed it the other day. Biggest group (sloppy on the trigger) was under 3". Best groups ran right about 1" at 25 yds. M&P9 with a Warren rear sight and factory front. Nothing else done to the gun using Atlanta Arms 147 gr Team Glock load.

Someone needs a Dan Burwell Trigger Job :lol:

Y

Here is a follow up to my post from yesterday on the accuracy problems my buddy was having with his after 75 rounds..............

We went to the range together today and popped off a quick 75 rounds. I then proceeded to print a 1.5" group at about 15 yards with the pistol. I gave it back to him for him to shoot. I noted right away he was having issues with his trigger control.

I corrected that slight problem and bingo, he was printing much smaller groups than he had previously. He shot almost 200 rounds and had a large smile on his face after that range session.

Problem solved....

I figured it was trigger control problem.

I had a hard tome getting used to the trigger reset on mone the first time I used it.

A good Trigger job wouldn't hurt either ;)

Y

Yeah, I talked with him about a week ago and I told him it was more than likely issues with his trigger control. I don't think he liked my answer to him (kuz it HAS to be the guns fault, right?).

I proved it to him last night though.

In the end he was a happy camper. That's all that matters.

Yeah, I talked with him about a week ago and I told him it was more than likely issues with his trigger control. I don't think he liked my answer to him (kuz it HAS to be the guns fault, right?).

I proved it to him last night though.

In the end he was a happy camper. That's all that matters.

It's a good thing that "You" proved him that it wasn't the guns fault, now he can concentrate on mastering the M&P and have fun with it.

Have your buddy get a Burwell Trigger Job for his M&P, his trigger control will improve considerably.

Y