Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need To Drill Slide...

boo radley

OK, Boo, your front sight area appears different than my 3rd Gen G24. I will take photos tonight and post. It's not so much the access hole as where your sight post hole is located. It appears it's cut more towards the muzzle than mine and so there's a section cut out right at the front in the thicker material on the inside for the screw. It also appears the scalop on the top of the slide goes more forward too. Your sight is hanging over the opening, and mine doesn't.

OK, this is bugging me, I gotta go get mine out, look at it, and photograph it.

Hmmm... 2nd gen is different than 3rd gen in this area. Two photos of the front area of my 24 and 35, both 3rd gen.

Interesting, SA. Figures Glock, Inc., would give me bad information: "Oh, there's no generation change with the 17L and 24...." Not true, and of course there are all the other non-slide related differences.

Here are two more pics, and you can really see the difference in the access holes clearly, in one, as well as the difference in cut-out. The rear of the front sight is unsupported.

Anyway.

The front sight is seems to be stuck on there pretty well, now, with the extra red loctite around the edges. When the tool arrives, I might not even touch it....

I've got to admit, it's really an awesome gun. Shot it yesterday in a match, and it shoots very flat, with the 4.3gr TG/ 180JHP load; especially with a tad extra weight (Novak stainless guide rod), 15-lb recoil spring and magwell.

sight4.jpg

sight5.jpg