Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Called S&w About M&p Strikers Today And....

Tolly

After reading here on the boards where people were having problems with strikers breaking I decided to call S&W and ask them about it today. I told the guy I was talking to that I had recently purchased two M&Ps that I would be shooting in IPSC competition and I had been reading that people were having problems with strikers breaking. I then asked if he recommended the use of snap caps to avoid this problem of broken strikers. He asked for the serial number of my pistol and I gave it to him. A few seconds later he comes back and says that I shouldn't have anything to worry about, and that I do not need to use snap caps, but he would be more than happy to send me two spare strikers(one for each pistol) free of charge to set my mind at ease. He never really went into whether or not there had been a specific problem with the strikers, but at the end of the conversation when he was taking my address for shipping information he told me that M&P strikers are currently backordered and it would be 2-3 weeks before they would ship out. The fact that they are back ordered tells me that there was a problem with at least some of the strikers. Anyway, I thought I would share this experience with the other M&P owners on the board. I'm still Lovin' my M&Ps by the way!

Edited by Tolly

---snip---but he would be more than happy to send me two spare strikers(one for each pistol) free of charge to set my mind at ease.---snip---

Excellent! :)

Just like Springfield and XD parts... <_<

Originally posted by Scooter...

It's back ordered because of partly because people did break them, and partly due to paranoia and people buying spares.

I offered to pay for the strikers but he refused to let me and insisted on sending them to me free of charge. I have dealt with Smith & Wesson for years and one thing you have to agree on is that their customer service is excellent!