Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 226 5x Versus Cz 75 Tactical Sport

I had a TS and it was a nice gun. I think it's a great Limited gun, and the gun (~$950) plus mags, holster pouches, etc... (~$200) is a great bargain for what you get. Price has a lot of influence on my opinion of the TS. If it were $1800 I wouldn't even consider it. For that price I could own an 2011. The aftermarket parts are more available everyday. Magwells, basepads, guiderods, springs, holsters, sights, etc... are out there right now. The TS is heavier than most Limited guns and the grips is fairly large, small hands may not be able to ever get comfy on the grips.

I've shot the X-5 (albeit in 9mm) and it shot OK but didn't wow me to any particular feature. For the price I wouldn't consider it, An upgraded STI Edge can be purchased for that price. In .40 S&W the mag hold 14 rounds and there no basepads available to get the shooter close to 20 rounds. 14 vs. 20 rounds means the X-5 is a Lim-10 gun at best. Lastly, and this is a personal gripe, the Sigs have bores that are way too high - every one I dislike how it points. I end up staring at the back of the hammer every time I try and index my sights.

John,

If I am not mistaken, the TS has an adjustable rear sight. I would, however slap a fiber front sight on 'er though.

Also, check out the EAA Witness Match. It is about $500 and looks like a great entry Limited shooter. The Witness Elite Limited is like the TS but comes with a Magwell, adjustable sights and is about 150 bucks cheaper. If interested, e-mail Henning from his site www.henningshootsguns.com..

Just my $.02

Mike

BTW, I shoot a CZ SP01 with a S/A trigger and love it. Who cares if it is minor, I just have to shoot more Alpha's!!..

You can buy USPSA-legal 140mm length mags/parts for the TS and the CZ "Standard IPSC" (same gun). THey can be made to reliably hold 20 rounds and are reloadable - which is an advatage over the competition with only 19 in their stock magazines.

I am not aware of any 140mm length Sig mags or parts for sale. Not sure what capacity they might be if they were available. Otherwise, the Sig looks like a quality gun and I am all for more competition and choices in USPSA Limited (i.e. - where are the Caspians?).

TY44934

I believe Ihatepickles got it right in identifying the round count issue between the CZ Tactical Sport and the Sig. I'm partial to the CZ as I have one, but I've heard good things about the Sig. The other issue of available accessories/upgrades is the other downfall for both. At least there is enough of a following of the CZ and that fact that we have Angus Hobdell tweaking them for competition that gives the CZ a little more advantage. I'm not sure though, are there any aftermarket or factory upgrades available to the Sig?