Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

River Valley Still In Business?

wsimpso1

Does anybody here know if River Valley Ordnance still in business? On vacation somewhere?

Their website quotes $25/k for processing your 223 casings (cleaned, deprimed, pocket swaged, sized, trimmed, and clean) and states a 2k minimum. Cool. Trouble is the website has not been updated since 2005, the voice mail is full, and no one answers the pages and e-mails. This has been going on for two weeks. So I wonder if they are still in business...

Next question is, does anybody else who processes a lot of brass do bulk reprocessing?

Billski

I just heard off of AR15.com that Tom died a while back, and that Nikki is making a go of it, so RVO is still providing services.

3000 cases go to RVO via UPS tomorrow.

Jeff Bartlett lists no services for processing your own cases, and he don't offer sized/trimmed anyway, so I supect that he is not in that business.

Billski

I haven't used this service myself, but I've 'known' the fellow on nationalmatch.us for several years now. Seems like a pretty stand-up sort of fellow. I asked and he gave the OK to post his info for those interested.

(email = dwhiting@wvsrpa.org)

Mountaineer Brass Preparation

Richard Whiting -- Rte 1, Box 272-2, Buckhannon, WV 26201

Brass Preparation Service for Competitive Shooters

(Competitive Shooters Working for Competitive Shooters)

Over 30 years experience

Case preparation: Your brass, commercial or military

Class I Case Preparation: $.03 per round (minimum 2000 rounds)

Class I case preparation includes:

1. Tumbled to high polish

2. Sized to your specs (based on five or more fired cases from your rifle)

3. Primer pockets cleaned

4. Flash hole deburred (all brass)

5. Trimmed to standard specificiations

6. Case necks deburred and chamfered

7. Military crimp removed (swaged not cut)

Note: Please sort brass, prior to shipping for processing, to remove badly dented cases, live ammo, live primers, and extraneous materials. Cases that are generally unfit for use include Federal (FC), PMC, National Police Association (NPA), AFF (Australian), MF (Australian) PS, Twin Cities (TW) and some other foreign makes. Good brass includes IMI (Israeli), IVI (Canada), Winchester (Olin), Remington, Lake City (LC), Western Cartridge Company (WCC), etc.

Class II Case Preparation: $.05 per round (minimum 2000 rounds)

8. Cases primed with primers of choice (guaranteed same lot)

Class III Case Preparation: $.06 per round (minimum 2000 rounds)

9. Weighed and separated into weight lots

10. Flash hole concentricity checked and any out of spec cases will be bagged and tagged separate. Flash hole concentricity is critical for 600-yard ammo.

Cases will be returned in customer supplied shipping container or equivalent. Return shipping is included for processing of 4000 cases or more. Allow 4 weeks for turn around during winter months. During shooting season, every attempt will be to get your brass processed and back to you in a 4-week turn around, but no guarantee is made.

Notes: Dillon standard sizing and Redding neck bushing sizing dies are used for case preparation. Sizing is completed to shooter specs, using either a standard sizing die that provides a .243 neck size, or Redding bushing dies for .244, or .245 neck sizing.

Cases are head-spaced according to cases provided by each customer, utilizing precision tools designed to measure cartridge headspace.

Rifle case preparation includes: .308, 30-06, and .223

Pistol case preparation includes: .45 ACP only

Guaranteed satisfaction.