Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Tactical Sport Basepads

DKOL

I just picked up a CZ Tactical Sport and would like to know what basepad options are out there to increase mag capacity. I've done a search and the only thread I found was from 2003 and 2004 and didn't really cover any specifics on the basepads. Info. on this would be greatly appreciated or if someone could just point me at the right thread.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey ihatepickles,

have you been shooting your TS or IPSC Standard regularly in competition with your modified 20 rd mags? I noticed in the newer thread you mentioned using the STI spring. I had talked to Angus Hobdell and he mentioned the use of the Bevan Gramm's Spring as a replacement spring. I tried to shoot in early fall with my TS and modified mags and decided 19 reliably was better than 20 and potential jams. I'm still experimenting with my reloads and OAL. Factory S&B seem to feed and fire through them fine.

-Albert

Albert,

I sold the TS. I did get 20 rounds reliably over 2 practice sessions (about 400 rounds). No malfunctions with 20 in the mag after I modded the basepads. I shoot Production now.

The key (I believe) is the internal transition between the mag tube and the basepad. This transition must be reasonably smooth. The TF basepad slides forward and rearward while on the mag. In the newer thread above, I spilled everything I know about making the mags run. Essentially, eliminate the slop and square the rear inside corners of the basepad. Oh, and don't use the factory metal spacer (the one at the very bottom of the stock basepad) with the TF basepads, it'll cost you 1 round of capacity.

For springs, either retemper the factory springs as either Carlos or eerw have previously described or try the Grams springs (which are cheap). I remember Matt Mink telling me he didn't have issues with Glock springs (Wolff +10%) but they didn't work for me at any round count.

Thanks,

great advice. I don't know where I found this info on modifying the follower as well, but I did that with my first 4 and started to have problems. I'm thinking now, no modification to the follower and just to the basepad. I've also had issues with the TF basepad modified to fit the Makfakta magwell and I've split 2 of those basepads where it connects to the back of the mag tube. i keep seeing the recommendation to not use the metal plate, although I've modified those too to fit the bottom of the basepad better. i'll try removing those with an unmodified follower to see if I can get the 20 rds working reliably.

Thanks,

great advice. I don't know where I found this info on modifying the follower as well, but I did that with my first 4 and started to have problems. I'm thinking now, no modification to the follower and just to the basepad. I've also had issues with the TF basepad modified to fit the Makfakta magwell and I've split 2 of those basepads where it connects to the back of the mag tube. i keep seeing the recommendation to not use the metal plate, although I've modified those too to fit the bottom of the basepad better. i'll try removing those with an unmodified follower to see if I can get the 20 rds working reliably.

after a few matches ive been having a few feedramp jams with my mags ..might be the spring..keep us posted if the unmodified followers work..thanks

• 1 month later...

OK got a call from Robin from Taylor freelance and he has some of the aluminum basepads in production already..ill post some pics and reviews once i get my hands on mine they should arrive by next week... :P

• 1 month later...
Well finally I have the new base pads for the TS 40.

I will be putting pictures etc on the web site this week.

So far 21 is a real squeze but perfectly do able, but not speed reloadable.

20 is a normal

angus any news on getting some mag springs for these?

• 3 weeks later...

It's not too difficult at all.

Take the old base pad off and discard the metal retainer plate.

Using the new "L" shaped retainer plate, compress the spring (using your thumb) with it until you can slide on the new base pad (square hole out and up). After base pad is on release tab and spring should push tab down into base pad.

To remove for cleaning pull upward on tab (which compresses spring) and slide base pad off.