Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought A Sti Spartan, Which Magwell?

Gti18T

I picked up an STI Spartan this evening. What magwell should i get that would keep me legal in CDP and also fit in the box? Thanks

Dan

I don't know of any magwell made for a SS gun that will NOT fit in the box. Not a single one. I do know that a bunch of guns are to heavy with the S&A attached. We weighed a Caspian single stack with a Caspian flat toped slide today with a full length guide rod and an S&A and it would not make weight... over by 1+ ounces. Right at 43 oz. :huh:

My Spartan with a SVI Alum magwell and Alum mainspring housing weighs 40.2 with a Tripp mag inserted.

Edited by Merlin Orr

Merlin, dont know much about 1911's as this is my first, but where can i get the aluminum main spring housing that you have on your spartan? Also, are the stock sights and the stock trigger good to go on the gun? or did you swap them out?

Dan

Dan - The trigger is good to go right out of the box. I did not have anything done to the trigger -uhhh actually Benny Hill tweaked the sear spring just a little....:-}. The stock sights are fine..I swapped the front sight out for a thinner FO - personal taste only. The SVI alum mainspring housing is needed/required to use the SVO single stack magwell. The SVI parts are the ones I used but I am sure there are others of good quality and possibly less expensive.

You might want to Look here.

Edited by Merlin Orr

• 2 weeks later...