Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sinterfire 135gr Bullets

Tactical Timmy

I used sinterfire bullets for about 3 years/seasons. They are good bullets and the best thing you can run on steel in my option. They turn to dust when they hit steel expending all there energy on target (not bouncing off to who knows where). I had a 9mm load for steel that used a 90gr bullet at just around a 1000fps, it was not even a 100 power factor. That load took down every piece of steel I hit with it (I stopped using it because it did not have enough energy to cycle a glock 17, it would get stovepipe jams). I would still be using sinterfire except I lost my source (full retail sucks).

The only place I know that is carrying sinterfire bullets now is

http://www.frangiblebullets.com/

They are expensive, a friend of mine used to work for sinterfire and get us good deals (same friend Beven has) but he no longer works for them.

PS I’ve never heard of sinterfire making a 135gr 40 bullet. They have 105gr, 125gr and they used to have a 150gr. Because there is no lead in them (they are made of copper and tin) there 125gr bullet is about the same size as a lead 180gr bullet.

Hope this helps.

Great! THX for the info. I think I recall a 135 .40 long ago and they required it to be loaded to 1.200" for IPSC guns but that was about 10 years ago maybe...?

A better price would be nice...

Mick

A27257