Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp15 Options

mcflyiup

I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago. They were very helpful on the phone. Just call and talk to to them, tell them your desires, concerns, needs. They'll set you up. Of course, I still haven't shot mine yet, so I may be blowing smoke. :lol:

I was thinking about getting a JP15, but wanted to know what Barrel configuration was the best?

From JP, 18" Medium weight, 1:8 twist w/ rifle gas system. Now that I'm christened into the cult of the carbine, my next build will be a 16" 1:8 w/ mid-length gas system.

Also what recoil system?

From JP, LMOS with JP Recoil Eliminator, but this is for Open Division only. The JP-BC comp is not sacrificing much. Of course I'm partial to the Rolling Thunder!

Or is there a better option for a new upper?

You won't go wrong with anything from JP. Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports is great and will build my next rifle (if I don't do it myself...*gulp*).

Rich

There is a new JP 18" Medium weight 1:8 twist w/ rifle gas system bbl in my future for a new upper build to help keep my 16" bbl carbine length adjustable gas system gun company. I been running the JP-BC comp for over a couple years I like it alot although most bystanders don't seem to care for it much oh well can't please everyone.