Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diy Ak Trigger Job?

chp5

I picked up an AK pattern rifle in 5.56. It's a Romanion SAR 3. I thought it would be fun to have an AK in 5.56 to shoot with my AR's. It's not a great 3 gun rifle, but I may shoot it in LTD in a local 3G for fun (reloads on the clock and long range shots would kill me).

Anyway, it has a Tapco G2 fire contol group that's pretty good. It feels like a good, short revolver trigger. However, a revolver-like, single stage trigger is pretty challenging at any range. Is there any good way to do a DIY trigger job on an AK fire control group?

Red Star Arms makes a nice adjustable trigger, but I don't want to spend the $80.

Edited by chp5

Not really. Youcan smooth out the engagement surfaces to make it cleaner and a bit smoother and lighter. But you aren't going to get a crisp trigger pull out of an AK short of replacing the internals.

Clean up the engagement surfaces. If there is trigger slap, carve the tail of the disconnector. Shoot the heck out of it, and you'll probably find that the trigger pull isn't as bad as you first think it is.

I've tried one and I agree. I just don't want to spend the $80 :ph34r:

Here are some DIY instructions. I might even translate them if I have more time next week. But looking at the photos might help some.

http://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=566

t tommi

I'd like to see a translation. I curious as to what is going on with the rubber band on the hammer, and the wire piece on the trigger group.