Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Psychic - "your Husband Will Die..."

Merlin Orr

A woman visited a psychic of some local repute. In a dark and gloomy room, gazing at the Tarot cards laid out before her, the Tarot reader delivered the bad news: "There is no easy way to say this so I'll just be blunt: Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent death this year."

Visibly shaken, the woman stared at the psychic's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands. She took a few deep breaths to compose herself.

She simply had to know more.

She met the Tarot reader's gaze, steadied her voice and asked,

"Will I get away with it?"

I thought this was going to be another joke:

One morning at breakfast, a boy seems to enter into a trance, and says, "On June 20, my mother will die. On June 30, my father will die." At the time the parents just laughed it off.

On June 20, they wake up and the mother is laying in bed, dead. The father freaks out. Quits going to work, stops showering, lives like an animal as he awaits his fate.

On June 30, he wakes up. Shocked, he pinches himself, and runs through the house yelling, "I'm alive! I'm alive!" Then he opens the front door to get the newspaper, and the milkman is laying there, deader than a hammer.