Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meeting Neat People

Loves2Shoot

I spent a few hours today with John Nosler (the founder of Nosler Bullets for those who don't recognize the name) and his lovely wife.

His wife was very kind and proud of her husband, rattling off his inventions and successes. There was a certain look of happiness/sadness of a proud wife looking at a man she truely loves when she was taking about him.

He had some neat stories about guns and shooting was truely excited to meet a fellow shooter. It made me think about what is important as I was cranking out rounds on my press tonight.

You see, he was talking about the 20's and 30's in stories and you could see the genius in his eyes and a body that was struggling to get out the thoughts. He is still pursing the ideas of a better bullets and rifles even though is is many years retired.

Living in Bend and working in a high end business, I've met a lot of rich and famous people: professional atheletes, actors, movie "people", inventors, and various other "successfull" people, and few have ever left me with the impression I got from this couple.

It was just a neat day, and it made me think.

Edited by Loves2Shoot