Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75b Magazine Question

Brendan M

I bought a new CZ75B. I’m using it to shoot USPSA production class.

When I press the magazine release button the magazine drops about one inch and stops. It requires my pulling it to get it clear of the gun. How do I get it to simply fall free after being released?

(Side note I shot a Glock 17, and an XD-9 Tactical and personally much prefer the CZ75B. I do have rather large hands which might be part of the reason I like the CZ75B. I would strongly encourage any one shopping for a 9mm to try one. My gun club/store has a hopeless case of Glock on the brain. They have 7 or 8 Glocks in the rental program and no CZ75s. I had to order mine from internet which was no problem.)

Actually don't remove it. Removing it will make your reloads harder as sometimes you will catch the screw posts. You need to either straighthen it or buy the replacement on. CZ makes the drop free spring which you can order from them for like $8. I recommend buying a new one, as the do it yourself job sometimes loses its shape after a while.

To replace it, remove your grips, and on the rear of the frame you will see the flat spring which makes the up rear of the magwell. It is held in place by two pins which where hidden behind the grip panels. The top one should pretty much drop free. The bottom one is held in place by pressure from the main spring. Decock your gun, then place the gun vertical on a table with the magwell opening pointing down. Press the spring plug in the rear of the magwell against the surface of the table to compress the main spring a bit. Push out the bottom pin while maintaing pressure on the spring plug. Continue maintaining that pressure as you remove the actual flat spring which is now the only thing keeping the plug in. Re-assemble in reverse with the new spring or a with a flattened old spring.

This takes less time to do then it took me to type it.

Edited by Vlad