Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Subconscious Programming Proof

How many of you have been doing dry fire drills and start to go to your next drill and automatically do the one you just finished again? I think this is proof that you are programming your subconscious to do certain skills. I know that is the point but I think this is proof to yourself that it is happening. Any thoughts on this?

Hmmm...I think I know what you are saying, and I have never experienced that phenomenon. I use Mr. Andersons book for dryfire practice. What I DO find myself doing, however, is running through all of my drills without flipping through the book to see which drill is next, or what my current par times are.

How many of you have been doing dry fire drills and start to go to your next drill and automatically do the one you just finished again? I think this is proof that you are programming your subconscious to do certain skills. I know that is the point but I think this is proof to yourself that it is happening. Any thoughts on this?

I think it might be proof that you aren't running a mental program and paying attention to what you are planning to do next. ;)

Which means you probably weren't pay close attention to the previous drill either...just going through the motions ?

(That may not apply to you, but I know it would apply to me if I caught myself in that same situation.)

Flex I know what you are saying and it may be true somewhat. After reading your post I think when I do that I am so concentrated on doing one aspect of the drill it carries over to the next drill. This seems to only happen to me when I do certain things that take a higher level of concentration for me. Strong hand, weak hand drills and doing RWR's. The one I just did it on was SA's 2-2-2 reload 2-2-2 from hands at side and I have been ending it with 10-15 2-2-2 RWR 2-2-2. When I moved to 2-2-2 reload 2-2-2 from surrender my first reload I did was at RWR when I should have dropped the mag.