Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Cci Primer Question

I cant seem to get Winchester primers localy but am able to get CCI # 500 primers. I had read somehwere (Speer Manual I think) that the CCI primers are slighty larger than other brands..I am going to reload 9mm in Winchester brass, will the CCI primers be an issue on my not yet delivered 550b or should I eat the Hazmat fee to order the Winchester primers online..?? Can a Winchester brass loader shed some light for me please..??

I cant seem to get Winchester primers localy but am able to get CCI # 500 primers. I had read somehwere (Speer Manual I think) that the CCI primers are slighty larger than other brands..I am going to reload 9mm in Winchester brass, will the CCI primers be an issue on my not yet delivered 550b or should I eat the Hazmat fee to order the Winchester primers online..?? Can a Winchester brass loader shed some light for me please..??

I see we frequent the same sites!! :D

"I have never had an issue with the size and I load on a Dillon 550 as well as a Dillon 650. In fact I was loading the other day using both Winchester and CCI primers for my 9mm loads without a hitch at all."