Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire Fun @ Hogue Range In San Luis Obispo, Ca

I would like to draw your attention to the very fun new venue we are hosting in San Luis Obispo. This match is tons of fun and is going to be great practice for the upcoming Ruger Rimfire Championship which is to be hosted at this very same range. So if possible please come on down and join us for a very fun afternoon playing with your rimfires. Any questions please contact Myself ( Juan ddj8052@sbcglobal.net ) or Tom as indicated on the attached flyer. Thank you for your time.

Juan

SLOSA_Take_5_FLYER_2.gif

Edited by ddj8052

My thanks to Tom and Juan for putting on the event. For those who haven't tried it yet, if you are close enough to get here to shoot it.... DO IT! I shot open auto pistol and open auto rifle classes and my son shot in auto limited. We didn't light the world on fire but had a great time.

There were 5 stages of steel, the premise being that you shoot each stage 3 strings, string times are added together for your stage time. Pistols shoot at arrays w/ 5 steel plates, and rifles have 6 plates. It is a lot like Steel Challenge in that you have an audible beep to start you and time stops when you hit the stop plate. 2 of the stages today had stop plates for the rifles out at 60+ yards, the others closer.

They have even made classes for the manualy operated guns: Revos, pumps, lever action, bolt action, and a cowboy class as well.

There is a huge fun factor here with the .22s, the ammo is cheap and there seems to be a class for any type .22 firearm out there. There is the guys using the higher dollar race guns, but also a bunch using bolt action inexpensive plinkers. This time there were only 2 juniors there but it seems llike a perfect venue for beginers to cut their teeth on competition.

Thanks again guys, we'll be back!

Dave