Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Been Shooting Production And L10 Pistol.how Should I Set Up My Three G

What division do you want to shoot in 3 gun? Open, Tactical, Limited or Heavy Metal/He-Man? Since you purchased a pump shotgun, I am going to assume that you're looking at the Heavy Metal/He-Man division.

That being the case, you'll need a .45 cal pistol and .308 rifle (AR10, M1A or FAL). You need to look at the various match rules and decide which events you are interested in and build your equipment accordinigly.

As for the shotgun, you don't usually need a sling but some matches do require it (FOP 3 Gun IN Fayetteville for instance). That question is easy: get a VTAC sling from www.vikingtactics.com.

I'd add a fiber optic front sight.

Shell Carriers? That completely depends on how you decide to load. There is a WEALTH of knowledge on the various schools of thought on the forums. But in the end, if you want to load weakhand, you'll need shell caddies. Strong hand: www.3gungear.com shell holders.

I wouldn't use the spec ops stock....the recoil absorbing feature makes it harder to run the gun as fast as you can. You should be working the pump as soon as you pull the trigger, with the gun recoiling back into the stock you're fighting to catch up with the gun as it's accelerating rearward.

Thanks for th quick replies

I Just want to play not neccassery be competitive.

This will soon be my primary home defense gun.

And would like to become efficient as possible with it.

The heavy metal division sounds like a good fit my single stack and M-1 Garand(Currently my only rifle)Planning an ar build in the future though.

Thanks I will check those links.

Anybody know thread on the front bead?

I email tru-Glow and they replied the tritium fibers for some models will be available in the sprig