Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts Replacements For A Production Gun

No.343

The IPSC rules say that: "Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific model handgun on the IPSC approved handgun

list are permitted,"

I did not see anything specified in the USPSA rules. I bought an Elite II slide to use on my 92FS for International Rules 3-gun. Can I use the Elite slide on my 92FS for production competition? I've read discussions about magazine releases and other parts that make me think that I should be able to use it. Thanks in advance.

Javier

The difference that makes it the most desirable for me is the fact that the Elite slide is a decoker only, as opposed to a decoker with a safety. The Elite has sight slots cut, so I can also replace the front with a fiber sight. The Elite slide is also a little heavier because it is slightly wider. A 92FS kydex holster will not work for a 92 Elite. That's all I can think of.

The E II is on the approved Production gun list so it should not be a problem. The E II frame and the FS frame are virtually identical except for minor checkering in the grip on the E II. By putting an E II slide on an FS frame your basically just have an E II pistol without grip checkering. And also both the E II and FS barrels and mag releases are approved so you can use either.