Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Sti .40 Executive

icecold45

Hello guys. My first post on this site, and I must say this site is where you want to be for picking up serious info.

anyhow...I just purchased my new .40 STI Executive and found trouble with using factory ammo. The ammo is winchester 40 s&w 165 gr. FMJ. The gun is new, the mags are new, and the ammo is factory, and the gun will not cycle properly, the next round gets caught and hangs up before chambering. I found I had to pull the slide back slightly, just enought to take the pressure off the casing to allow the round to center itself (top to bottom). At this point releasing the slide finishes off putting the round into battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Point of interest..I am new to the sport, I have about 14 months of experience.

I had a similar problem with factory ammo on similar .40. I was told that they don't like factory length and prefer longer ammo, not sure if that's true but it seems to have worked for me. So I started loading my own at 1.185 OAL and those problems have since gone away. I still get the occasional bulged base brase that fails but that's another topic. I hope this helps!

John

I had a similar problem with factory ammo on similar .40. I was told that they don't like factory length and prefer longer ammo, not sure if that's true but it seems to have worked for me. So I started loading my own at 1.185 OAL and those problems have since gone away. I still get the occasional bulged base brase that fails but that's another topic. I hope this helps!

John

Well I am getting started soon to reload my own, I'll take note of your LOA and see how it goes. Thanks

icecold45

I think your mags need a little tuneing, feed lips, lots of info here on that. Use the search function. Haveing said that, any new pistol should fuction with factory ammo, esp. one that cost that much. Contact STI and get them to fix that pistol.-----------Larry

I think your mags need a little tuneing, feed lips, lots of info here on that. Use the search function. Haveing said that, any new pistol should fuction with factory ammo, esp. one that cost that much. Contact STI and get them to fix that pistol.-----------Larry

"any new pistol should funtion with factory ammo, esp. one that cost that much." Well, now thats what I thought. Thanks for your input

icecold45