Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This Uspsa Thing

austinkroe

So, I have been shooting IDPA for a little over a year. I moved from Atlanta to Kansas City and there isnt much here in terms of IDPA. I figured what the heck I will give USPSA a whirl. I went to an indoor match with my IDPA gear (HK USP) and played Lim10 . Well I as it turns out I got second but only because (I was told) the guy that beat me reshot one of the stages because he didnt like how it went for him. He also happens to be the guy that enters the scores on the website so he convieniantly put in his better score.

I enjoyed the time I had so much I drove out to another match Sat. morning. Just got the scores back and I won Lim10 there. Beating 17 other people including one A-class shooter and two B-class shooters.

I am pretty excited about the whole thing. I think my expeiriance and this forum have converted me to being a USPSA shooter. I will still shoot IDPA when I can but I will enjoy not wearing my l33t gamer vest :rolleyes: .

Now I have to go out and find a belt rig to shoot with for my Sti I am having built now.

Just wanted to share.

Edited by austinkroe

We had a new shooter this last weekend. Played L-10 and was squadded with me. Safe, and accurate. Solid basics. Sometime during a stage I asked if this was his first match. "Yeah." 'Well welcome to the game and my condolences.' "Condolences?" 'Yeah, your wallet will be a lot lighter from now on.' :lol: While waiting for the results to be posted we compared sights against his Springfield GI vs my Springfield loaded with a Dawson FO.

A little while later I overheard him talking to a gunsmith about if he can put a set of sights on by the next match.

'Visual of hooking a fish and reeling him in.'

------------------------------------

Congrats on the L-10 win. And welcome to the game.