Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Data For Titegroup, Precision 200 Rnfp

lpspinner

I decided to try a case of the Precision Bullets 200 gr RNFP .45's. So I'm looking for load data for TiteGroup.

The Hodgdon 2006 Annual Manual only list 200 gr Cast LSWC and JHP. I want to stay as close to max as possible to make major out of my GI clone 1911 with a 5" barrel.

I'm currently using 4.7 grains with a 230 grain X-treme Bullets Plated RN, 1.26 oal, and a .468 crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp Die.

Edited by lpspinner

I just came from the range where I chronographed some 200 gr Montana Golds with Titegroup.

I started at 4.8 and worked up to 5.2 gr.

5.2 is listed as a max load in the Hodgdon manual making about 880 fps with a Speer bullet loaded to about 1.155.

I loaded the MG to 1.210 OAL which produced about 845 fps.

This bullet and powder combination yielded some of the best groups I have ever gotten from my Edge 45.

Tony

I decided to try a case of the Precision Bullets 200 gr RNFP .45's. So I'm looking for load data for TiteGroup.

The Hodgdon 2006 Annual Manual only list 200 gr Cast LSWC and JHP. I want to stay as close to max as possible to make major out of my GI clone 1911 with a 5" barrel.

I'm currently using 4.7 grains with a 230 grain X-treme Bullets Plated RN, 1.26 oal, and a .468 crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp Die.

I tried some Tightgroup with some 200gr. LSWC's I bought at a gunshow and Fed Lg Pistol primers. I was getting about 840fps with 5.0gr, but it was dirty, and I noticed more leading than usual. I'll probably try a RNFP bullet next, and go back to Bullseye or Clays.