Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 31 Recoil Springs

GlockNSpieler

I have a G31 with a KKM barrel/compensator and a JPoint optic. I have been experimenting with recoil springs and I am having some cycling/ejection problems with both reloads and factory ammo. I shot a practice match last week with a 15# recoil spring and had a couple of these problems during the match. I was shooting Winchester 125 gr. .357 sig FMJFP white box which calcs out to about 168 PF.

Most of the problems I had at the match were the cases jamming the slide and failing to eject. I had to rack the slide back and rotate the pistol upside down to get the case to fall out. A couple of other times I got the classic stove pipe.

The reloads I have been trying are Barnes 124 gr. plated FP with 8.0 gr. of HS-6 powder and a OAL of 1.135 (~134 PF). The cases fail to eject with these reloads every time with the 15# recoil spring. I tried a 13# spring and it didn't seem to help too much. I also have a reduced power striker spring installed and a tungsten guide rod for the uncaptured recoil springs.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

GlockNSpieler