Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lots Of Help Offered

mmcnx2

I've posted a few time and some of you may know I'm really new to the the USPSA sport, 2 matches and 4 weekday league outings so far. I've been shooting for over 20 years, completed some formal training, both saftey and practical. As a new to this sport guy a few observations:

1. The vast majority of people in this sport go out of their way to be helpful, from offering advise, guidance, to picking up brass. It is very cool to have some of the expereinced folks(as in excellent shooters) come up to you after a stage and ask what do you think you did well and what could have you done better with. They listen, then offer some insight to your observations. I've got more information hanging around taping targets than I could self learn in years.

2. The vendors that support the sport are first class. I've done business with a number of the sponsers of this board and have been treated like I was a life long customer. Nice to see customer service is alive and well.

3. The people that put on the matches work their butt off. I've helped with setup and teardown on one match and it is amazing to see the effort needed to setup a challenging, fun and safe stage. And then the people who do all the paper work with a smile is unbelievable.

4. As with any group, there are a few 'special' people that you suspect must just not have a happy life. I've seen one RO that seemed to yell at every one, and one member of a squad that critized every shooter after they finished. The RO seemed to be an issue that concerned folks the other guy became the squad joke. Saw that same RO a few weeks later as a shooter - his personality had not improved with age. You have to ask why they put themselve through it if it bothers them that much, life is short.

5. I've not been DQ'ed(yet), seem to be hitting alot of A's, the new open gun runs 100%, reloading with a progressive press is alot faster than with the old C, picking up your brass is a great way to introduce your son to the sport, turning the c-more on makes the dot easier to find, unlocking the holster makes the gun easier to draw, even when c-more is on that crazy little dot is hard to find, althouth the RO feels obligated to use that fancy timer thing with the buzzer - he might as well use a sun dial to time my stages.

6. I'm hooked and having a blast.

everything you said is the reason i have been shooting in this sport now for six years (took a year and a half off to be married but i digress). it is the only sport i know of where people will give you pointers on how to beat them. granted as a c/b shooter i have little chance of beating the masters and gms giving the advice but you never know... they could go temporarily blind during the stage or something. lol. as long as there are the majority of the good people in it, we can all put up with the "special" people.

turning the c-more on makes the dot easier to find,

Not laughing at you but the way you said it is freakin' funny. :lol:

unlocking the holster makes the gun easier to draw,

Had to borrow a holster from someone as I hadn't gotten mine yet for my new open gun. I would have sworn I didn't lock it but the timer goes off and I almost give myself an atomic wedgie trying to draw it. :lol: