Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Trigger Jobs...

chrisjohn

How many times have you worked on your own trigger or sent your blaster out for work only for it to come back no quite like you'd wanted?

Matt Mink trigger work on an SP01. Oh, so nice. Exceeded my expectations. Like riding a new motorcycle.

Edited by chrisjohn

How many times have you worked on your own trigger or sent your blaster out for work only for it to come back no quite like you'd wanted?

I had to learn to gunsmith all the guns I own with awful triggers (HI-Power, Beretta 92, CZ, Para, Ruger...) just so I could get a decent trigger job.

The backlog on a good gunsmith out here is measured in the passings of haley's Comet.

There is nothing so nice as getting it just right...

• 3 weeks later...

I had to learn to gunsmith all the guns I own with awful triggers (HI-Power, Beretta 92, CZ, Para, Ruger...) just so I could get a decent trigger job.

The backlog on a good gunsmith out here is measured in the passings of haley's Comet.

How did you learn to do trigger jobs on your guns? Did you buy a video, book, or just take them apart and play with them?

Redwoods

P.S. I want to do a trigger job on my 1911s and ruger vaqueros

How did you learn to do trigger jobs on your guns? Did you buy a video, book, or just take them apart and play with them?

Redwoods

P.S. I want to do a trigger job on my 1911s and ruger vaqueros

I hit the net and found a lot of info there, I also bought shop manuals when available.

The 1911 really needs a cutting fixture to do a decent trigger job, since the sear/hammer angles have to be precise and the sear face areas are narrow.

Never worked on a Ruger.