Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Do I Fit In?

steel1212

I have basically 2 pistols I could use. .45 springfield milspec, 9mm springfield loaded. They both have magwells, flgr and the 9mm is getting fiber optic sights. I know SS would be ideal but with no real numbers would the next step be limited 10?

Edited by steel1212

I have basically 2 pistols I could use. .45 springfield milspec, 9mm springfield loaded. They both have magwells, flgr and the 9mm is getting fiber optic sights. I know SS would be ideal but with no real competition the next step limited 10?

No real competition in SS? :huh:

I have basically 2 pistols I could use. .45 springfield milspec, 9mm springfield loaded. They both have magwells, flgr and the 9mm is getting fiber optic sights. I know SS would be ideal but with no real competition the next step limited 10?

No real competition in SS? :huh:

Didn't mean it as I'm Hathcock, meant it as there isn't any numbers shooting in my area...guess I need to reword that! :blink:

Edited by steel1212

9mm minor or 45 major l10or pickup and xd and start in Production

So an XD is legal in production but not legal in SSP in IDPA? I was thinking of getting an Glock in 9mm or an XD in 9mm.

On second thought I would like to stick with the 1911 platform as that it was I mainly shoot in IDPA in ESP/CDP. The glock would allow me to shoot in SSP and Production both though if I wanted to do that where the XD is only legal in Production right? If thats the case what do most shooters shoot in L10?

Edited by steel1212

On second thought I would like to stick with the 1911 platform as that it was I mainly shoot in IDPA in ESP/CDP. The glock would allow me to shoot in SSP and Production both though if I wanted to do that where the XD is only legal in Production right? If thats the case what do most shooters shoot in L10?

I spent most of my first year of shooting (last year) with my 1911 in L-10. I plan to do some SS with it later this year, but I've been on an Open kick most of this year. I shoot Glocks in Production and Limited as an occasional diversion. I still ain't sure what I like best! :lol: You'll probably see more double-stacks in L-10, but you can be just as competitive with a single. Or you can pick up a .40 Glock and shoot Limited or Production. I bought a couple Glocks last year and you can find them dirt cheap as factory rebuilds. I got mine from Summit Gun Broker for $365 each w/ 3 mags. Shoot what you like best. I'm still trying to figure it out, but eventually I'll settle on a main gun. I've still got a revolver to take out and play with sometime too! :D