Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Minimum Calibre

Vince Pinto

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea but, but a similar subject has been raised in another thread here by JFD, who asked about calibrating with a 38 Super.

Once again, the primary function of calibration is to test popper reaction to a (125pf) power level, not to a calibre.

I don't know enough about ballistics but, if the power factor is the same, surely the calibre and bullet weight used are irrelevant?

Quote: from Vince Pinto on 2:41 am on Dec. 14, 2002

No idea but, but a similar subject has been raised in another thread here by JFD, who asked about calibrating with a 38 Super.

Once again, the primary function of calibration is to test popper reaction to a (125pf) power level, not to a calibre.

I don't know enough about ballistics but, if the power factor is the same, surely the calibre and bullet weight used are irrelevant?

I agree that the caliber should be irrelevant, but the rule book does state that it has to be 9mm.

Quote: from Vince Pinto on 7:22 pm on Dec. 14, 2002

Great news!

Since you agree the calibre is irrelevant, I'll put you down in support of lowering the minimum calibre to 7.62x25mm
provided
that all other existing requirements are satisfied.

I don't want you to put words in my mouth, so let's be clear. I'm stating that the caliber is irrelavent when it comes to calibrating the poppers; 125PF is 125PF, at least that is what the chronograph is telling me.

The issues of equipment and capacity in regards to the 7.62x25mm are still a concern to me.

Quote: from Vince Pinto on 7:22 pm on Dec. 14, 2002

Great news!

Since you agree the calibre is irrelevant, I'll put you down in support of lowering the minimum calibre to 7.62x25mm
provided
that all other existing requirements are satisfied.

I don't want you to put words in my mouth, so let's be clear. I'm only stating that the caliber is irrelavent when it comes to calibrating the poppers; 125PF is 125PF, at least that is what the chronograph is telling me. All of the other issues surrounding this caliber are still a concern for me.