Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

English Military Revolvers Load Data For The .380/200

I have a Enfield No 2 Mk1* (DAO) Service revolver from WWII. I want to shoot a few matches with it for fun and profit. :D The English service cartridge was a 200 grain FMJ bullet leaving the muzzle at about 650 FPS. I put that at a PF of 130.

Any of our friends out there ever load for this cartridge in this weight? I would love some recipes. .38 S&W seems to have been abandoned in my manuals.

I have a Enfield No 2 Mk1* (DAO) Service revolver from WWII. I want to shoot a few matches with it for fun and profit. :D The English service cartridge was a 200 grain FMJ bullet leaving the muzzle at about 650 FPS. I put that at a PF of 130.

Any of our friends out there ever load for this cartridge in this weight? I would love some recipes. .38 S&W seems to have been abandoned in my manuals.

Foto try this link it is form Accurate Arms and has a load for a 195 grain as well as the 158 38 S&W Load edited cause it is midnight and I kain't spell

Edited by Bubber

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up. I might just back off this project and simply enjoy the revolver as a plinker with the US traditional factory load. I am having a lot of minor difficulty getting this going without spending beau coup bucks on all new componants, dies and such. I do not plan to shoot it that much so I guess I will back off the reloading aspect right now.