Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using wrong magazines

JeeDee

Vince, you are right, but what started it was the ability to get 22 or 23 rds in the mag. If they do this they go to limited with a dao gun at minor. If they just load 10 rds there is no advantage gained so is the subject worth the time?                                  Larry

Hi Larry,

OK, some confusion here. The guys in question were allegedly shooting at World Shoot, which operates under IPSC rules, so there's no 10 round magazine limit in Production Division.

Of course if the story was true (unconfirmed) then they'd still be in breach of IPSC Production rules in respect of an illegal model magazine (not capacity).

If it was a USPSA match, then sure, over 10 rounds and you're history in L10.

(Edited by Vince Pinto at 4:52 pm on Jan. 28, 2003)

Vince, no problem here. What got my attention on this was a shooter at a local match shooting a Browning BDM, he shot a 24 rd course with one reload( In production) I don't know squat about a BDM, but some times I count ok. Moved him to limited. I don't have a mag for a 9mm para, but I looked at my .40 mags and a 38. super mag. They aren't marked, only made in can. Without a measureing device at the starting line how is a RO to know. I may take a simplistic look at the rules but in my book, no harm, no foul. So here in the USA on my stage if they load 10 I would never know. Load more and I will move them to limited.            Good shooting    

Vince, that seems to be the case, I don't know if the 9 will run with unmodified 40s. But I can tell you from experience that my 40 will run with a 38 super/9 mag, by mistake but it did, got swaped at a match and didn't catch it til I got home.If you want to know when I get a chance I will pull mine out and check capacity.       Larry