Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know if there are any major matches scheduled for June 20-24, 2007. Anything from the other disciplines like IRC or Bianchi that weekend? Just curious.

The USA Shooting National Championships could end up being scheduled then. That's around their usual time.

Since everyone seems to try and wait to hear the Nationals schedule (or at least strong rumors) so they can set the sectionals and other larger matches I doubt you will know if those are good dates or not until the Nationals schedule is announced.

So, wait until January or February and ask this question again. Sorry, but that is the way it goes.

Maybe someday we can get USPSA on the track of announcing the Nationals schedule a year in advance. :(

Of course if you are fishing for possible Nats date for Tri-County to host.... (wonder what sorts of rumors that will start?)

I'll squash that right now then, no Nationals at Tri-County. That was easy. Waiting for the Nat's schedule to be released won't work. Major matches require more planning than 6 months. If we do it we'll have the dates long before Nats and they can plan around us. Hopefully.

Ah gee Chuck...that could have been a fun rumor to bat around. Of course you might be saying "no" as a diversionary tactic. ;):P

Since when has Nats scheduled around anyone else?

And I agree that the schedule needs to be released earlier to allow for better planning. The date for the next year's nationals should be announced no later than the awards ceremony of this year's nationals. Period. No excuses.

It can be done, at least some of the Area matches do it, it only takes dedication to leadership, a bit of planning, some foresight and the desire to do it.