Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Seen An Sks For 3 Gun?

lpspinner

Can't confirm, but supposedly the newly redesigned Mini-14 ranch rifle is a much more accurate box stock gun that the older models. Plus, they have a new trigger design that is getting better reviews as well. Might make it an even more affordable platform for Kali if the list of needed mods gets a little shorter.

I'm one of the guys that Rich was referring to.. I have a Heavily modded Mini-14 Ranch rifle. I spent probably more than I needed to, but if I could have gotten an AR lower before they completely banned em here, I would have probably put as much or more money into it than I put into my Mini. It shoots with the best of them and does better than me on any given day accuracy wise. The only thing I give up to an AR is the Mag seating/releasing. It's a very accurate gun now and so long as I know my dope on wind and range, it'll nail anything out to 3-gun distances. It'll do sub 1" groups all day at 100 yds.

I have the .850" barrel, .850" gas block, 1 in 8" twist, Bell and Carlson Synthetic stock, Pillar bedded, extended mag release, and a pretty good trigger job. It wears a Leupold 3.5-10x Tactical scope on it. Sometimes I think about putting a 2-7x or an ACOG on it.. until I check my wallet and then I just deal :D

Vince