Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Different Type Of Accurail Jobs

ERIC

Has anyone ever seen an accurail job where the rails are held in place by roll pins drilled into frame’s rail? There’s one in the front and rear and the accurail (which is straight with no bends) sits between them. The first time I took the gun apart, the rails fell out which surprised me. I don’t like the idea of possibly loosing these things when I take the gun apart and I don’t know if the same thing happens with Bob Krieger accurail. If I use a some grease, they seem to stay in place. I’ve seen pictures of Bob Krieger’s work and his rail has a hook in the front and a hole is drilled into the frame for this hook. His rail goes all the way to the rear where it doesn’t in my gun.

I found one post where someone stated he would never use this system with the roll pins but didn’t state why.

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by ERIC

I would only get accurails done by Bob Krieger. I've never seen the roll-pin type but I have heard of the roll -pins wearing their holes with the back and forth movement (This is hearsay. I've never seen it.) Since Bob invented the system, I think he's the best source for having them installed.