Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uncle Mikes-like Holster For Sti

chp5

Does anyone make a basic, cheap kydex holster (like and Uncle Mikes) for an STI Edge (short dustcover)?

I see that Bladetech makes an injected molded holster for the Para P16. I wonder if that would work? Thanks.

Edited by chp5

Does anyone make a basic, cheap kydex holster (like and Uncle Mikes) for an STI Edge (short dustcover)?

I see that Bladetech makes an injected molded holster for the Para P16. I wonder if that would work? Thanks.

Bladetech makes a DOH model holster for that setup.

I noticed most of the posters so far have missed the word CHEAP in your post. While I highly recommend a Blade-tech DOH as well, there are cheaper options.....

If you have the front stirrup cut in your slide, and the frame is not a wide dustcover, and you're willing to do some melting/forming in the trigger guard area of the holster, a 1911/Para injected Bladetech (@$16) (or maybe an Uncle Mikes for a 1911) can be made to work. And if you screw it up, its not like you're out any real money :P

Edited by sfinney

I noticed most of the posters so far have missed the word CHEAP in your post. While I highly recommend a Blade-tech DOH as well, there are cheaper options.....

If you have the front stirrup cut in your slide, and the frame is not a wide dustcover, and you're willing to do some melting/forming in the trigger guard area of the holster, a 1911/Para injected Bladetech (@$16) (or maybe an Uncle Mikes for a 1911) can be made to work. And if you screw it up, its not like you're out any real money :P

Thanks - that's the info I was looking for. Unfortunately, it's a wide dustcover. So do you think the Para P16 cheapo won't work?