Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lube Die

Hairtrigger

Fergit' the lube die, it's nothing but a pain in the a$$ and a real mess to boot ;-/

Just get a bottle of the Dillon spray on case lube, lay the cases in a large shallow cardboard box, spritz them in bulk and shake the box around a little just before you re-size them. Nothing works better than the Dillon spray lube applied like this PERIOD

Fergit' the lube die, it's nothing but a pain in the a$$ and a real mess to boot ;-/

Just get a bottle of the Dillon spray on case lube, lay the cases in a large shallow cardboard box, spritz them in bulk and shake the box around a little just before you re-size them. Nothing works better than the Dillon spray lube applied like this PERIOD

I was hoping not to hear that, I do not like the sticky dillon lube, I much prefer the Hornady Spray Lube. I guess what I was hoping for was to have someone reccomend a lube that will work with the lube die.

I have removed the RCBS lube die turned it upside down , filled it with lube and let it set overnite. This works for a few hundred shells before needing more lube

Hornady spray is fine, but I find I never get stuck cases with the Dillon stuff whereas the only folk I know who have had stuck cases have also been using the Hornady One Shot stuff.

The stickiness can either be tumbled off, rolled off on a large towel with denatured alchohol on it, or it really can just be left on and shot as is to no detriment whatsoever.

I love the Hornady One Shot. But I recently had a stuck case (30'06) using it and I have never had one with the Dillon lube. Have only been using the One Shot on big rifle cases for a short time. Have used it on pistol and 223 for a couple of years or so.

My "plan" is to keep using the One Shot on bigger rifle cases unless and until I get another one. If that happens, I will go back to Dillon for these larger cases.

BTW, it is a wonderful thing that Dillon makes their rifle resizing dies so easy to use as a stuck case remover. Really saves a lot of time and lots of trouble.

Bob