Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making A Safariland 007 Work For Glock W/ Comp?

Bren

I am building a Glock 22 based open gun and I used a KKM barrel with compensator that gives me an overall slide length of about 8.5 inches. I'm looking for an inexpensive holster that will work with this to get me started and I can get Safariland 007's for around $60.

A Glock 17L has an 8.85 inch slide, so it's a little more than 1/4 inch longer than my gun. Safariland makes a 007 for the 17L and I was thinking about giving that a try.

Here's my question - how critical is exact barrel length in a 007? If you have a G17 007 and you put a 19 in it, will it work or is slide length critical?

If the holster is holding it in the trigger guard/ejection port area, I figure it should work, but if it holds the end of the slide I might have a problem.

The bbl length determines the correct fit with the 007. Yes, you can jam something else in and it may stay in place from friction, but then again, it may not. Scope mounts also cause trouble with a lot of holsters on the sides. Make sure there is clearance for the mount/scope, or you will not be a happy camper ;-/

The bbl length determines the correct fit with the 007. Yes, you can jam something else in and it may stay in place from friction, but then again, it may not. Scope mounts also cause trouble with a lot of holsters on the sides. Make sure there is clearance for the mount/scope, or you will not be a happy camper ;-/

Can you tell me a little about how the 007 holds the gun, especially at the muzzle end of the slide? I'm talking about a gun .35" shorter at the muzzle end and otherwise identical to the one it's made for, so I'm trying to figure out if I could modify the holster a little or something.

The 007 is a friction fit holster and grabs the sides of the frame. It also has an indent that snaps into the ejection port recess for a specific lock-in detent. This means the gun model is specific to the holster version.

The slightly shorter bbl/slide will probably not be an issue. There is only one way to find out and that is by actually sticking the gun in question into an 007. Look for someone at your club who has one and will let you test it.

I only have an 007 for a 6" comped 1911 model gun and it's quite a few years old so it may not be exactly like the newest ones.