Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

0-90-180

EricW

The Drill:

Place 3 targets in front of a shooting box. One large target (approx 11x17 or the A/C of a Metric target) at 7 to 10 yards directly in front, and two targets 80 to 90 degrees off center at approximately 20 yards. For the side targets, I used approximately 4x6 cards because I wanted to force precision (upper A/B is close enough).

Standing in Box A, draw and engage the forward target, then engage each of the side targets. Alternate the order of engagement on the side targets.

Variation 1: After engaging each target, perform a reload and re-engage each target.

Variation 2: Place a shooting box (Box B ) approximately 2 yards behind Box A. Starting in box B, draw and move to box A and perform the above drill. You may only engage targets from within box A.

Variation 3: Combination of 1 and 2.

Variation 4: Same as above with a surrender draw.

=======================================================

What I like about this drill is that as soon as you think you've got the drill and V1 down, starting in Box B and moving to Box A makes you learn it all over again. I have a habit of placing my feet too close together when moving into a new postion and shooting out of a relatively unstable position. The 90 and 180 deg. transition really makes this apparent.

I'll post some of my lousy dryfire times after I run it again tomorrow.

Edited by EricW