Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Holster For S&w 19

PoconoKen

I am looking for an IDPA legal holser for a S&W model 19 with a 4" barrel. I have looked at the Kramers and they seem quite nice but are expensive. Ideally the holster would be a k frame revolver version of the Sidearmour or Forbus designed to be used with a 1.5" belt (CR Speed).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I appreciate all of your assistance.

Ken

Ken - Both of the above are excellent makers, but did you want leather or kydex? Kydex is pretty nasty to blued guns, but it is faster.

Thanks for the input. I would prefer leather as my Model 19 was my Father's and has a great blued finish that I would like to preserve. Any suggestions?

Ken

Thank You again. I reviewed all of the selections and purchased the used rosen gunleather holster. It seems just what I need. I'll let you know how I like it. Just moved to the Poconos and joined a club that does IDPA. I belong to the IDPA and the USPSA.

Ken

Dang it, Ken, I was hoping you'd choose something else. ;)

There's also a club in the Easton area (go south, take a left at I-78 or US 22, stop BEFORE you get to the PRNJ) that puts on good matches, and the MD is a revolver shooter.

Thanks Chuck. I'll have to check the club out. Will probably take my 19 to the range this Saturday. I have HKS speed loaders--they are what I grew up with and I use them in my 6 1/2" 29 , 10" silhouette 29 and 3" 629 and highway patrolman also so I'm real comfortable with them. I don't think they are as fast as the Safarilands but they are very rugged.

What rigs are you using?

There's also a club in the Easton area (go south, take a left at I-78 or US 22, stop BEFORE you get to the PRNJ) that puts on good matches, and the MD is a revolver shooter.

Just some followup. Received my Holster and it is exactly what I hoped for. Excellent design, workmanship and materials. Fits my model 19 perfectly. Thanks again for all of your help.

Ken

Thanks Chuck. I'll have to check the club out. Will probably take my 19 to the range this Saturday. I have HKS speed loaders--they are what I grew up with and I use them in my 6 1/2" 29 , 10" silhouette 29 and 3" 629 and highway patrolman also so I'm real comfortable with them. I don't think they are as fast as the Safarilands but they are very rugged.

What rigs are you using?

What rigs are you using?
For my K frames, I've got a (now discontinued) Dillon Master holster I use for carry and competition, and a Rusty Sherrick High Rise Double Loop as well; plus a Concealco IWB. I carry an HKS speedloader in a Safariland Split Six carrier, plus a speed strip in a Milt Sparks carrier.