Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Work Paying Off - Big Time $$$$$$

dirtypool40

Just a brag on buddies I haven't seen in a while, they're not even BENOS members.

Last weekend the SNIPERCRAFT CHALLENGE was run for LEO scout / sniper (or DDM if you're pc :rolleyes: ) here in FL, actually over on the West Coast at the WAC range.

A team of my buddies from Bolivia came up after training hard on their own. I also had a local IPSC bud (who's on the local SWAT team) there, so I had plenty to cheer for.

I just heard that out of 53 teams, Team Bolivia was first and Team "SWAT buddy" was second. These guys worked hard, and it paid off. BIG TIME. Both guys on the #1 team took home about $17k in prizes EACH, including an accuracy international rifle and a killer night scope. I haven't heard from team #2 yet, but I am sure it was juicy.

Good Job Guys!!!

Edited by dirtypool40

I did used to practice with all three of them, and the Bolivian guys, one is my old school IPSC bud, the other we introduced to IPSc, and I think the efficiency helped him a lot.

The match was shot as "stages" about half drills and half repetitive recreation of RW shooting scenarios. They never shot outside of 100y (being LEO in nature this makes sense historically), but moving into position, working the gun, and transitioning, is all about speed and efficiency.....which we helped him on.

I don't know how he would stack up to the top MOR guys, but he was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my M class ipsc buddy who trains with him and was his team mate. That friggin' guy can run a bolt gun and get some tight hits.

It's all about the prep, these guys worked hard, for 90 days, and it showed, in calm confidence and execution.

There's a lesson here somewhere.....for me. :unsure:

I got all caught up in taking credit where none was due, and forgot to add that the guy I'm talking about is an adamant follwer of the Lanny Basham program, and when he called me yesterday he credited it again.