Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancelled Revolver Squad At Thurmont

Carlos

I HAVE BAD NEWS EVERYONE: we have been shotgunned.

Just received the annoncement from the Thurmont USPSA/ MPSA.net, there will be NO hnadgun match on the 19th. Here is the text:

Hello to all,

Our first IPSC match of the year will be a SHOTGUN match. We will set up on Sunday at 10 and have one relay at 12 on Sunday, March 19. The match will then be torn down.

There will be no Saturday Relays! If you want to shoot, it will have to be on Sunday.

Expect 5 stages: 2 slugs, 3 shot, so perhaps 40 or so slugs and 50-60 shot shells. It could be more or less. Open, limited and limited-pump divisions.

Shot shells must be size 7 1/2 shot or smaller. Shotguns from 20 to 12 guage accepted.

No new to IPSC shooters. There will be no new shooter class and no new shooters for this match, but spectators (with eye and ear protection) are welcome.

Since there is no classifier and we will not be awarding matchbucks, the fee will be reduced to $15. I will accept 8 set up people who will get a $5 discount.

If you have already emailed me to try to register for a regular match for this month, you need to do it again since all requests for a pistol slot are moot.

If you do not have a 'gotcha,' you are not yet registered for this match!

Also please note: No vehicles will be allowed on the ranges except for match personnel. All match vehicles must enter and exit the ranges via the new gravel road. No parking or driving on the trap ranges.

I still need the usual stuff:

full name

USPSA # and expiration date

division (open, limited, limited-pump)

pistol class (unclassified, D, C, B, A, M, GM)

power factor (Major)

email address

evening/weekend phone number

squadding requests

relay (Sun setup at 10 and shoot or shoot only at 12)

There will be a monthly USPSA match at Thurmont (near Frederick) on Sunday, the 19th of March and I'd like to invite anyone interested in shooting Revolver division to join us for the AM squad. The Thurmont club is about 1 hr drive from Arlington, and is just 10 mi. past Frederick, MD off Rt. 15 N in Maryland. It's an easy drive from the D.C., Baltimore or York, PA area.

Here is the website with general sign up info (sign up will begin soon):

http://www.vamdsection.org

And directions to the club can be found on this site:

www.mpsa.net

All you need is one prior USPSA match under your belt, a 6 shot revolver of at least .38 caliber, a strong side holster and either moonclips or enough ready-loaded speedloaders for stages of up to 40 rounds. IDPA, ICORE & PPC wheelgunners are most welcome. Most common gun used is a S&W model 625 in .45 ACP.

Last year, we managed 8 revolver shooters at the match. So far this year, we tentatively have: Bob P., Dave D., Al L., James R., the other Doug, & yours truly hoping to make it that day.

Hope to see a lot of wheelgunners on the 19th.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Edited by Carlos

I have some interest in attending. Can I ask for clarification first before I invite my friend, a first time competitor. Do you need one match under your belt in order to be in the revolver squad or does the shoot not allow newbies at all?

I have some interest in attending. Can I ask for clarification first before I invite my friend, a first time competitor. Do you need one match under your belt in order to be in the revolver squad or does the shoot not allow newbies at all?

The match director requires a new shooter class before shooting the match.

Contact him at matchadmin@mpsa.net.