Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer Bullets?

big daddy

I have been shooting USPSA for a few years and figure it might be time to start reloading. I've been looking at different bullets and saw in Front Sight Master Blasters bullets they are polymer coated I think. has any body used them and if so what did you think? thanks in advance for any info

I've been using MasterBlaster Bullets for about 2-3 years now in 45ACP and have been very happy with the results. A shooting buddy of mine was using Precisions but gave MB's a try and was happy enough with the performance that he switched.

Recently (middle of last year) Tom had announced that he was getting out of the business and that caused me to search for a replacement bullet. I decided to give Rainier bullets a try and also tried 230gr's for the first time (I had been shooting 200gr SWC or Spire Points). I really liked the soft recoil with the 230's.

When I heard that Tom had decided to stay in the bullet business, I told Tom that I had tried 230's and really liked the feel of the recoil and wished MasterBlaster would offer something a bit heavier. Tom told me that they indeed had come out with a new heavier 45ACP bullet...it's advertised as a 225gr round nose. Tom asked me if I'd be willing to give them a try...which I agreed to. If these work out OK, I'll be switching back to MasterBlaster bullets exclusively.

I'm going to load some up and test them over the chrono when I get a chance. I did an initial test to measure the weight and consistancy. I weighed 20 bullets and came up with an average weight of 226.2, SD of .212, ES of .5, Low: 225.9, Hi 226.4. These bullets look very consistant....better than anything I've seen in the past.