Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having A Meltdown

knightkrawler00

I shot a match this last Sunday, did just fine the first three stages, then came the classifier. 03-18, High Standards. Had a failure to return to battery on the first string before the reload, slammed the slide home, dropped the hammer and nothing. Racked the slide and I was off again, on a rapid descent downhill. Zero'd the first stage of my life with 8 mikes. Next and last stage everything went wrong, misses, fumbed reloads, going to slide lock and thinking I had another FTRB malfunction then not being able to find the slide stop, you name it. I was upset from the moment of the malfunction on the classifier and couldn't get over it for some reason, this is the first time my gun has hiccuped on me in a match that I didn't inadvertently cause, which probably had a lot to do with it.

I took second in my division anyway, which means if I kept my head in the game and shot the last stage like I know I could have, it would have been 14 match wins in a row. Thats the part that really upsets me, I know I let myself lose it and can't blame anything or anyone but me. On a good note, there's a good lesson here, maybe my experience will help somebody else.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like mine last week.

One of our local hot-shot Masters showed up, so I figured I would chase him hard even if he did stand a really good chance of beating me (they may be better than you, but make 'em prove it, I say). At the least I was shooting for 2nd and hopefully a class win (Limited B ). One of my good friends who I like battling with was there too, so it was shaping up as a good time to dig in.

First 5 stages went well. I even managed a higher HF than the young Jedi Master on one stage. On the last stage my feet were hurting for the first time in a long time, and I was tired from not sleeping well. The stage was CM99-02, "Night Moves". This one lets you sit or stand while shooting. Like a lazy bastard I sat on my butt during all 3 strings, and managed to lose 18 match points to my buddy (who beat me by ~10). I went from 1st loser to 2nd loser just because I was tired and gave up.

Lesson learned: I can sleep when I'm dead. Never quit.

Edited by ima45dv8