Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open C Class Card Arrived Today

DMS42

It had been almost 10 years since I last shot my open gun in a classifier so when the local club had 4 classifiers in the match I decided to get my open class changed from Unclassified. I currently have a C in Limited. I dropped out about 10 years ago, but somehow managed to shoot just enough that I got to keep my Limited C class. A long time ago I had a B class, but I don't remember what in. I think that at that time (1988) there wasn't but one division and maybe A was the highest.

When did Master and Grand Master classes start?

I've been doing some practice with the draw to get used to the new Safari Land holsters that I got for both the Unlimited and the Para that I'm now using in Limited. Seems to be faster than the old Davis leather. I bobbled a couple of reloads during the match with the open gun so I've installed an S&A mag well and have been doing some dry fire practice--draw, front sight, pull trigger, hit mag release and reload. But I need more and I need some live fire.

I've also been doing some reloading practice with the new Benelli Nova that I'll use in Heavy Metal class. I'm now running right around to under 5 secs. The timer is set for a 5 sec. delay then par time of 5 sec. I can have the shotgun shouldered, at the beep come down, grap 4 shells from the holder and stuff them in and have the gun back on target most of the time before the 5 secs. is up. When nice weather finally gets to Spokane and my practice area dries out so that I won't get my 4X4 stuck I'll get out and see how I do with the reloads while moving.