Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foreign Language Tunage

EricW

I figured it was about time to start a thread of non-English singing bands.  

OK, I know this is old news to Julien and Jerome, but I just got some of Noir Desire's stuff off of Bear Share. Noir Desire is a metal-ish band. I can't think of an American equivalent right now...  I think the album is called "Visage des Figures."  Anyway there's a couple cool tracks:  

L'enfant Roi

Le Vent Nous Portera

I've blabbed about them before but the Paris Combo has some awesome stuff out too.  They're kind of a modern take on cabaret music.  I was also able to get a lot of it via of Bear Share.  Not that I advocate music piracy.  (I just practice it occasionally...)  I did buy PC's "Attraction" CD (in France - you *might* be able to pick it up in the U.S.) and there's about 5 really good tracks on it.  The rest is listenable, just not spectacular.

Give 'em a whirl.  The one thing I'll say about Internet file sharing is that it's an incredible opportunity to expand your musical horizons beyond what you'll hear in clubs and on the radio.  Who's next?  Maybe the resident Frenchies will clue us in on some other cool Euro bands.