Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock

JFD

I broke down and ordered a KKM barrel last night. I was thinking it would be more expensive, but unless I ordered it from Midway ($206!!!) I thought $164 was very reasonable.

I have a few thousand cast bullets loaded up for my Para that I probably will never use, but I also have a few thousand that haven't been loaded. Since I'm using the glock as a trigger control trainer until my wife gets tired of reloading all the time in L-10 (or L-10 gets the axe), I don't think smoke will be a big deal in practice. Good enough excuse to get the KKM barrel I think ;)

The odd thing is that the glock is pointing better for me than my Para. Of course I didn't notice a problem with the Para until I got the Glock....Hmmm......Don't know if the problem existed before, but it does now. Put a arched mainspring housing on the Para and all is well again. Checked with a couple of SS 1911s and I have no need to the arched MSH with those. Very odd. I'll have to see what the deal is with actual live fire.

Hopefully will have all the parts in by Wednesday. All the cool stuff is taking forever to arrive. All the small stuff that came from Dawson(front sight), Shooters Connection(extensons), Brownells(front sight tool and a small part), and Shooters Connection (2nd order - CR Speed belt and 773 pouches) is already here and installed. However I have no springs, magwell, guide rod, or rear sight to play with yet. Everything that will really change the feel of the gun.

It appears that any company with "Glock" in their name equals slow shipping.