Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using Drop-leg Holster For 3-gun

LawDog101

Since I am left handed, holster choice is a bit limited for my Beretta 92fs. I use a milt sparks small of back for CC, but I got to try one of the new Blackhawk SERPA holsters at a gun show and it was great. I have pretty big hands and it was a very positive draw and great retention.

Since I have long arms, I got one for three-gun, left hand carry style, drop leg. It is out of the way, but when I reach down, it is there. I have a bit of a short torso so belt holsters are really cramped with long arms. Don't laugh.

I have read the IPSC/USPSA and IDPA rules and it appears that I am out of luck if I want to use this holster for 3-gun. or am I. I would really like to use duty gear as I have all of my mag pouches and drop leg on the right for my FN mags.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

James

I have read the IPSC/USPSA and IDPA rules and it appears that I am out of luck if I want to use this holster for 3-gun. or am I.

Don't know about IDPA (do they even do 3-Gun?), but you're good to go in USPSA. Leg holsters have been allowed for USPSA 3-Gun/Multi-Gun competitions.