Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 ten rounders

John Thompson

I bought a few G17 factory Glock mags from SMITTY for my New Keltec sub 2000 and when I tried them today they wouldn't seat.  Upon closer inspection the mags I got are identical to the glock mag that came with gun including the serial number on the follower and base pad.  One big exception: when I hold the regular glock mag with the witness holes facing me next to the Smitty ones the mag taper is different.  The right side of the offending mag slopes up to the feed lips rather than have the ledge that's on both sides of the reg. glock.

Did Glock change the design or did I just get ripped off and need to postal on Smitty?

• 4 weeks later...

This is the new drop free Glock 18 magazines, 31 round magazine.  If you could get a real new Glock 18 in the US (Only a FFL SOT dealer can) it would come with this magazine if you order a extra. I have two that I got from smitty and they work GREAT in my Glocks.

Sounds like the Keltec sub 2000 doesn't like the new Glock magazines.  

Let me know if you get it to work because I'm think of getting one also.

that magazine is the current specification ten rounder.

works great, has the steel insert that goes all the way to the top front of the magazine to keep the plastic magazine body from deforming from the rounds hitting them while being fed onto the feed ramp.

glock just keeps on upgrading this stuff without telling anyone.

this is the third iteration of drop free ten rounder that i know of and they just keep getting better.

the new taper at the top really helps them drop free and it is sure not to engage the trigger bar assembly when fully seated.

if you can, compare to new taper and the old profile drop free ten rounder to see the difference inside the frame.

have a good one,

will s.